Monday, November 3, 2008

James Azeltine responds to Lindstrom attack on LIFE IN SOJOCO



I'm glad James Azeltine took me up on my offer to post a rebuttal to Dave Lindstrom's shameful mailer. I'm posting the unedited James Azeltine comment in response to my previous post about Lindstrom's nasty tactics.

I'll be so disappointed if either Lindstrom or Toplikar win. I've already voted and Azeltine got my vote. I hope he gets yours as well. Go vote people. And by the way John McCain deserves your vote as well.

Now....here is Mr. Azeltine's response:

This is an email that I sent to my supporters last week when these killer post cards started to arrive.




Thanks for the endorsement,




James Azeltine




Dear Neighbor,




Some of you may have received an ugly mailer being distributed this week that questions my integrity and ethics. It’s clear that our opponents have become so desperate in the last few days of the campaign that they’ll stoop to gutter politics.These people are resorting to scare tactics and have impugned my good name without a shred of justification. This is what happens when the status quo feels threatened. And it happens when good citizens challenge office holders who have done nothing of substance, have no agenda and have offered no solutions to pressing challenges. My opponents would prefer to throw slime rather than deal with the issues of the worst economic crisis since 1929.I’m offended by these unwarranted tactics. Let me be clear. There is no truth to the suggestion that I improperly handled investments of one individual during the 21 years I’ve worked professionally as a broker and financial planner. I was incidentally involved in a complex issue that my then-employer had with this individual 13 years ago. I assure you I did then, and continue today, to serve in the highest ethical manner.We’ve run an aggressive campaign that takes issues head on. We’ve delivered a positive message that we can solve the challenges to our growth and vitality in Johnson County. And we do have challenges … some at-risk babies lack adequate medical care … we have inadequate bus services to handle the demand of our citizens and our workforce … we lack a coordinated effort to protect the environment and recycle our solid wastes … we need a more sensible tax policy that rejects “forever” sales taxes … and we need more accessible parkland. Leaders delay and defer while things get worse.We have been true to our word. Our campaign strives to reach higher and take charge. Our opponents have shown they only know how to slip lower and act irresponsibly once the voting process has already begun. Your vote can help reject this cynical, destructive style of campaigning.Tell your friends and neighbors by forwarding this email to them. And contact me directly if you’d like to discuss our campaign in more detail. Let’s show that we’re willing to fight for good government.




James Azeltine


Candidate for Johnson County Commission


District 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go vote for Azeltine!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this information. I like your blog because you stick mostly to what concerns Johnson County. Specific and interesting. I wasn't really paying attention to this race but now that I see what's up I'll vote for Azeltine for sure. Don't want to encourage this sort of bad behavior from Lindstrom.