Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Don't trust him........Jeremiah Wright

Never trust a guy who claims to speak for a whole segment of society. Reverend Wright claims to speak for black churches in America. He has taken their traditional positions on social justice and radicalized them beyond recognition. I saw Juan Williams on the news last night and he is a liberal....but a smart one and he doesn't trust him.


Here is the deal. This whole run of speeches by the Reverend Wright is a set up to try to help Obama. Here's how it works. Obama tries to support Wright early on but gets plenty of backlash when people start watching all Wright's comments on youtube. People start to get more upset when they realize that Obama was in the pew nodding in agreement during many of those sermons.

Now, Wright goes out and doesn't back off from the statements and even goes further by saying negative things about Obama and basically saying he lacks the character to say what he is saying because he must be political. Instead of Obama distancing himself from Wright, Wright distances himself from Obama. Then Obama comes out and says.....I told you this guy doesn't speak for my values and beliefs. Brillant strategy. Clinton.....and then McCain need to keep tying Obama to the cultural beliefs of Reverent Wright. For Obama to say the effort isn't coordinated is a lie.

So how does this relate to southern Johnson County? I guess I'm just commenting on what one white, republican, southern johnson countian thinks about it. I'm not sure how the other sojocoians think about it......I don't speak for them.

By the way.......did you know about this?



And......I never want to hear anyone call Bill Moyers a journalist again. That interview of Jeremiah Wright was not journalism. I don't even think you can call it an interview. It was an infomercial and at best social commentary by a liberal pretending to be a journalist. I'm glad too because others picked up on it and are seeing him for what he is......unapologetically biased. Bill Moyers is no more than a commentator and calling him a journalist is a slap in the face to any and all real journalists who take their job and role seriously enough to ask the real questions....the tough questions. Shame on you Bill Moyers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog! Awesome since I live in SOJOCO! I am going to spend a few hours reading. Do you happen to know what is going in at 159th and Mission Road (not sure if that would be Leawood, Overland Park or Stilwell) I live in that area and am desperate for a decent grocery store!

JOCOeveryman said...

I'm so glad you like it. Thanks for checking me out.

I live really close to there as well.....and I've seen the work. I need to find out. I'll check that out. After the Dillon's went out at 143rd I'm not sure how fast you'll see another one. I think it is OP but the lines get a little strange there.

Check back.....I'll find out.