Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I went to church in Lawrence, Kansas last night


It was a sort of religious experience and like many other backsliders my heart felt happy and at home but guilty too. See, I hadn't been in couple years and while I always had good intentions to go it just never really worked out. Things come up and you know how it goes. You always say you will get back more often.........I need to be there. I attended the KU-Siena game last night and had a blast.


Allen Fieldhouse last night was not the place I remember being raucous and loud and the crowd and the players were a little flat. Never mind. It was awesome to be back there again to take it in and watch the Jayhawks play live. My friend told me the previous week the worship service was as loud as he can remember when Tennessee visited.


The video tribute to the basketball program right before the game was awesome and singing Rock Chalk was as comforting as singing familiar praise hymns at church on Sunday morning.


I have to get back more often. I don't think I could manage to justify season tickets. It is just too many games for a guy with a family but I'd like to see myself at 5-6 games a year. We beat Siena which is a better team than people think which makes two nice wins in a row.


No comments: