Saturday, October 10, 2009

SOJOCO Development Continues with Prairiefire


This Fred Merrill has some serious stones by announcing this new 60 acre development called Prairiefire considering there is just a crap load of empty commercial-retail space in JOCO right now. I read about it Friday in an article by Kevin Collison


Is it just me or is Kansas using STAR bonds like us having nukes and Missouri using sling shots? Will it ever get boring kicking Missouri's ass on new development and jobs? I read the other day in the Star how JOCO is poised to overtake Jackson County the leader in jobs in the metro? Even the Kansas "B" team called Wyandotte County is kicking their ass with the sweet move to steal the Soccer deal for the Wizards.


Anyway, I thought it was a clever angle to put this American Museum of History, that virtually nobody will attend, in the middle to qualify it for STAR bond money.


I stole, er secured a secret list of other ideas they considered building to secure STAR bond funding but didn't use:


1. Cryogenics Lab (George Brett will die someday, right?)

2. Indoor Deer Hunting Park

3. Obamacare free, er paid by your grandchildren, clinic

4. May's Machete Art School

5. Young Republicans Hall of Fame and Martini Bar



I'm so hungry today, I could eat a whole effing deer!


2 comments:

FletcherDodge said...

This is one of the best posts I've read this week. Nice!

JOCOeveryman said...

Thank you! I appreciate it.