Monday, January 11, 2010

Frozen Pipes





Yikes. It was a hard start to the weekend. Weak spot in house. Found. Pipes? Frozen.




Living in a new(er) SOJOCO McMansion doesn't make you immune apparently. The castle gets a little drafty at night?




Thank God for Pex.




I wasn't sure about this little product when I bought the house but I've had copper freeze up before with much, much, much (did I use enough much to make my point?) different results including a minor flood and animated negotiations with my insurance guy about the value of an old desk. Nothing burst. Consider me now a strong believer. Just a little inconvenience as I searched for the spot in my house where cold air leaks in, er pours in like an open window close to a water line. Hole plugged. Pipe carefully thawed with propane torch (joking, don't do that). JocoEveryman now again enjoying his Axe Shampoo and hot showers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the pipes - good thing you are quite handy and were able to solve the probelm yourself. I have no such skillz!!

I Travel for JOOLS said...

I guess McMansion builders don't worry about little things like properly insulating their McMansions.

Kansas Sity Sinic said...

Sounds like a better sitch than the roof leaking (thats the sitch at mi casa).

I'd be ok if it didn't snow again until next winter.