Friday, July 16, 2010

Wine Friday is Back......well at least this week


Listen......I'm just a typical guy who is afraid of commitment. I don't know if Best Wine Friday will be back next Friday or not. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. Well, I do actually but I'm not telling. The point is...........don't you love the unpredictable bad boy. I'll tell you....you do.


I may be here. I may not. For now I'm here so drink in the wisdom of Jocoeveryman :-)


I drank a great (and affordable) bottle of wine this week that freaking blew me away.


2009 Nederburg Lyric.


A South African white wine blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay. This shit was really delicious. A buddy of mine smuggled it on the golf course and we drank it right out of the bottle. Yep, I said South Africa. There they call the Sauvignon Blanc "Steen".....but you say it like STAIN if you are in the know.


I love the acidity and the peach and tropical notes. You know what I love the most.........so NOT joco.........it is really affordable.......like less than $10 affordable.


This wine is perfect for these really hot summer days. Did I say hot? Well, outside but in my house like most in sojoco it is a cool 68.........crap, I have to use a snuggie on the couch to watch TV. Hate me city bitches. We have electricity, AC and sewers. You should try it.


Seriously though. You'll love this wine and you'll love the price.


I seriously have no damn idea where you get it. Ask your favorite retailer to bring it in for you. You'll look like one smart snob for asking for it.
Cheers and Vaya Con Dios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?