Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Katie Horner's Weather World



Wouldn't it be nice to just live in Katie Horner's little world? I'm watching her this morning doing a local promo for herself and saying that getting the temperature right isn't the most important thing in being accurate. She says that her being here, at the ready, watching the radar for you and ready to bust in any moment on a show you really want to watch is REALLY represents the best weather reporting. Really. I guess gay weather man Gary Lezak (not that there is anything wrong with that) is starting to get to her.

I would suggest that getting the temperature right is everything in being able to predict weather. You have to get the temperature right first don't you to understand how things are going to work out?

Let's look at our current Winter Storm Watch 2008. If she would have known for example that it would be 60 yesterday and still 40 this morning she would know it can't snow.
Katie, I don't want to see more of you on TV. Scare people much? I don't even need for you to try to get the weather right a week out......could you just get it right for the current day and the next day? All I need to know is what to wear and what to put on my kids.

I don't let the weather run my life but you should understand that I know people who plan their every moment by the weather. They decide not to go out, they run to the grocery and stock up and then they run to the basement with a flashlight in hand and finally.....they call me and my wife and tell us not to go out, stock up on groceries and batteries and get to the basement. They call over and over giving us tons of little updates and they wanna know what it is like at our house.....less than 10 miles away from their house and then they tell us how that compares to their house.......you feed their fear and anxiety and drive us crazy. Got it??

By the way, interesting website by somebody who really has a problem with Katie......man....I know how much work it is just writing a little post a few times a week. Can you imagine devoting an entire website to getting the weather girl fired. Ron Burgundy would be proud.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

bad link: "interesting website" FYI.

JOCOeveryman said...

I fixed it. Thank you and thanks for reading.

I Travel for JOOLS said...

I like Katie. I think she's getting a bum rap from everybody.

JOCOeveryman said...

Travel....you and might have to disagree......don't you think she over does it?.....I can't stand it.

Old Fart said...

Don't get me started on Katie Horner (or KC weather folks in general)... oh wait, I've already posted about Katie back in June.
http://blog.paulmcbride.com/2008/05/take-cover-now-right-now-dipshit.html

JOCOeveryman said...

Old Fart.....so you are saying I'm not having much an original thought?

Old Fart said...

Your post about Katie was a bit tamer than mine. But yeah, all us folks posting about Katie aren't necessarily having an original thought... we're having a group experience and expressing it in our own way, but it all comes out the same! LOL.