Friday, May 21, 2010

Vino Veritas! My wine of the week.


Things have been a bit hectic in my life. I mean really, whose life isn't? But anyway, I keep thinking I need to get back more into the routine of Best Wine Fridays. Truth is......I really haven't been drinking quite as much. I need to quit slacking. I did pull a few corks this week.


I've found a Cabernet that I really adore. It might be my Cab for the summer grilling season. Only Louis Martini for a few bucks less can compete in my mind for quality and value. I'll probably switch back and forth between them if you know what I mean.


2007 Chateau St. Michelle Indian Wells Cabernet Sauvignon. You could say this is kinda typical jammy, very ripe style of Cab that we've come to expect from the the New World but this is Washington State not California. You've got the black fruit flavors right up front and they seem rich and the oak is well layered with a hint of vanilla. Tannins are soft......smooth almost. This isn't an aging wine in my opinion and that is good news. Buy and drink.


I'd like this with a masterfully prepared rack of lamb with some kind of herb preparation.


Price: Around $17. I think this is fair. I've certainly seen lesser wines priced more. I wouldn't say it is a bargain but like I said.....priced right for what you get.


Widely available and I've seen it on several wine lists and in the regular JOCO wine shops we all frequent like Metcalf and Lukas.



My friends. If you have kids in BV schools this was the last Friday of the school year. They wrap it up Thursday next week. Jesus, where did the time go? I guess summer will fly by even faster.
Vaya Con Dios!

No comments: