Monday, November 22, 2010

Worst Meal of the Day


Why is it that WORST meal of the day is the one my kids eat at school? That is a sad statement.


I'm not talking about why the pasta isn't al dente..........I'm talking about the junk they get to pick and shove in their pie hole. Chicken effing nuggets, fries, tater tots......I mean come on. Don't get me started on processed versus real food. There is only one thing on that tray up there that isn't processed.


Chocolate milk every day? With all that sugar why don't you just give them some Mountain Dew? Chocolate Milk is a treat at home.......they drink it everyday at school.


Maybe they should only offer these foods one day a week.....give them something to look forward to on a shitty Wednesday.
Remember when we were little we would complain about how the food at school was kinda gross? My kids LOVE the food at school. Why not?


America has fat kids that are getting fatter and their palates are conditioned to eating junk. I have very little control of what they eat at school. I guess I could send their lunch with them everyday. Maybe we should do that. My kids will hate me but I think this is the new plan.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad part is for many kids this is the BEST meal they will get in a day, something you JOCO folks don't realize.

JOCOeveryman said...

Sad and very, very true on both points. Many of us do realize we are very fortunate. My kid being fat and unhealthy doesn't make life for them any better though.

Anonymous said...

there are plenty of title 1 kiddos in joco on free or reduced lunch and this is their only meal. it's very sad

JOCOeveryman said...

again true. maybe we should make it a good one that is actually healthy.

Anonymous said...

Weighing in as a former lunch lady(pun intended),offering healthy food choices was not something the WI kids latched onto. They heart their mini corn dogs. There were many days I would toss lovely beets and green veggies down the big disposal. It thoroughly annoyed me but in HS&MS they can make those greasy-carb loaded choices on their own.
JY in WI

JOCOeveryman said...

Jayne, they can't pick it if it isn't offered and trust me they wouldn't starve. If their parents are cool with it then they can bring that crap in their lunch. They would adapt.

I'm seriously thinking of scrapping school lunch and sending it with them. Zero out the account.